Saturday, January 16, 2010

One Busy Saturday

Whew! I am exhausted after all the running around we did today! We started the day by heading over to our library for a preschool fair they were having. They had all the area preschools there which was nice and I picked up a lot of good information and got to meet a lot of the teachers. Logan was excited because he got a balloon and a big old cookie and he also one a raffle one of the schools held and got a new bear book Bear's New Friend by Karma Wilson, he loves the bear books. Logan was also excited to see one of his MDO teachers there at her table so that was fun and she gave me the scoop on some of the better preschools in our area. I pretty much got around to every table, I did skip the Catholic schools since we would rather be in a Lutheran or UCC affiliated school and I skipped the Montessori tables because we know that is not for us or for Logan. It was over whelming the amount of info I got, and it was kind of funny to watch some of these parents grill these preschool teachers, as if your kids preschool experience is really going to determine if he or she goes to Yale or becomes a rocket scientist...gees.

After we were done there we ran home packed up the car and headed out to Dundee, we spent a little time at Mom's and then Matt and I and Ava went to the rink for my skating lesson and my two coaches got to see Ava so that was fun and I had a good skate adding back my last two big jumps which now just leaves the Axel which we won't work on until I am stronger and my hip is better. Surprisingly the jump we thought would hurt my hip the most was actually felt the best, I think it's the pick jumps that are really bothering it and not so much my edge jumps so my loop looked like I never was off the ice (according to my coach) and it didn't really feel any different so that was good. I also did some Lutz's for the first time and I only landed one really, but I am sure they will come back pretty fast (it was also the end of the lesson and my endurance is crap right now so that could have been the problem too) I also did a couple of camel spins and those weren't to shabby either!

After skating we headed over to our friends house to have Ava's Baptism picture taken and also her 3 month picture taken. Our friend Lance has been taking our pictures since we did our maternity shots and he does awesome work and I can't wait to see how they turned out! Ava was a perfect little model and lasted pretty good for an hour long photo shoot! Once we finished up with photo's we had to run to get a birthday present for Matt's Dad and then pick up Logan from my Mom's and head to Matt's parents house for his Dad's birthday. We were only about 20 minutes late to our final destination, not to bad given the busy day we had! Logan had fun playing with his uncles and cousin and of course Ms. Ava was doted on while we were there.

It was a long day and Logan passed out about five minutes into the drive home. Matt and I got to relax once we got home and had Logan in bed, but man we were pooped! Looking forward to having nothing on the agenda next weekend (except for that potty training thing...eek!)

No comments:

Post a Comment