Saturday, January 9, 2010

Back On The Ice!!

Today was my first day back to skating since I had Ava, and I can happily say it went really well, way better than my first attempt after having Logan. Of course I was off the ice much longer with Logan, with Ava I skated from the time I found out I was pregnant until 5 weeks then I was off for 10 weeks because of the uterine bleed I developed and got back on at 15 weeks and skated until 29 weeks (no jumping or spinning once I got back on at 15 weeks) and it really did make a big difference. Warming up felt good, my feet really didn't bother me anymore than normal and my hip that has been giving me trouble felt good. I was able to do some decent spins and landed all the jumps that I tried (waltz, toe loop, Salchow, and flip). I didn't do any loops because that would have been a lot of pressure on my bad hip and no lutz's which also really would have been hard on the hip and obviously I am not attempting any axles until I'm a bit more back in shape. It felt sooo good to skate again, there is something about the smell of ice when you step in the rink, I just love it. I am so excited to get back in shape and do the ice show this year. I might think about doing a competition in the summer or fall, since I haven't competed independently since July of '07 when I went to ISI Worlds, I was competing hard core with my sychro team though up until May of 2008 (and yes my sychro coach is already trying to get me back next season...) I will be skating two days a week now so hopefully things will move along nicely and I will be good to go for ice show time. Matt and I busted out the Wii Fit again so I will get going with the yoga on there and the strength training to hopefully get my hip and back stronger which will really help me get my bigger jumps going again. So first day was a success and it felt really good, as a new mom again and a mom of a toddler it's nice to have somewhere to go and let off some steam and get a work out all the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment