Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2nd Day Back On The Ice

I headed out to my first group lesson in well over a year tonight. I saw my original skating coach who is now skate school director at the new rink and she ran over and gave me a big hug, and said she was so happy for me and glad to see me back. She is also teaching the adult/teen group so I get to have her as a coach again which is nice! It was kinda surreal having her teaching me again off in the corner of the rink, made me miss the old days at the Polar Dome! Hard to believe I have been skating for eight years now and my first lesson ever was with this coach, she's seen me get engaged, she was at my wedding, and now I'm having babies! Both of my coaches have been with me through all that and they are just truly the best. While I was off the ice having Ava the rink switched over from ISI (Ice Skating Institute) to US figure skating, the two don't mesh real well, and it sounds like the former Polar Dome are not too happy with the switch. Since they did the switch I went back to adult group lessons where I can work on what I need too since there is no real other place for me now since I am passed the highest skate school level there is, I don't know it's weird. I skated US figure skating for sychro and I have one of my moves tests done, but I prefer ISI and any more competing I do individually will still be ISI events. I will also continue to test in ISI as well. I also got the ice show info tonight, I am so looking forward to doing an ice show again!

So my second day back on went just as well, my spins were a little un-centered tonight, but landed all the same jumps again. My hip and back were much more sore since I had just skated on Saturday and I didn't take any pain reliever before getting on tonight because I wanted to see how well I could hold up without it, and it wasn't too bad at all. I am hoping my hip will get stronger and the pain will go away soon. I think I am going to try some Lutz jumps on Saturday since my flips came back with no problem and depending on how my hip feels I may do a couple loops but I really can't over do it with those. I have noticed as I have gotten older I can't do as many reps, so I just try and make the ones I do, do, really good. I remember being in gymnastics and being able to do back to back routines like nothing, ah the good old days. That is all for now, back on the ice again on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment