Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Getting Back Into It...

Skating that is. I didn't skate last week at all because of the snow storm on Tuesday and no weekend contract ice on Saturday so I had a week to rest up which was good because last time I was on the ice I was tired and having a hard time landing any jumps and finding a center on any spin. Tonight I had class and then a lesson with my coach, which is a little hard to be 100% for my lesson when I only have a half an hour break between the two. As one can see from watching skating on the Olympics, some days your on and some days your off, tonight I was back on again, jumps were landed easily, spins were centered and I even jumped some axles (Axel is the only jump I don't have yet, I was very, very close to landing them when I got pregnant with Ava) and they are coming back really well. For the most part most of my jumps are back or better than when I stopped jumping. It feels good to pretty much be back where I was before Ava skill wise. I am not however anywhere near back to my pre-Ava stamina. I think if you asked me to do a power class or run through my program I would end up passed out on the ice. I am hoping that once I start ice show rehearsals in April that, that will help my stamina and well it better because I think it's five performances for the ice show this year... So now we are working on polishing up my jumps and spins and getting nit picky about them so they look good (I am having trouble holding my landings nicely mostly due to my stomach muscles being total crap because of two c-sections) Anyway, it felt good to skate after a week off, my hip is killing me now though I really need to make my appointment for PT being in pain all the time is getting old and it's been going on since I was pregnant so it's time to fix it.

Ava and Logan played down in the playroom today why I did some laundry. She had never been down there so I brought the exersaucer down there and she sat in there while she watched Logan with all the toy down there. So I was able to get some wash done today. Matt did get the ceiling painted he has to do touch up today and then get my grape vines back up and that will be done. We had really yummy ribs that cooked in the crock pot all day for dinner so good tender and good, nothing like getting off the cold ice and having a warm crock pot dinner waiting for you when you get home!
Pictures of the kiddies from today!







No comments:

Post a Comment