Thursday, February 11, 2010

Another Busy Day...

Today was another busy day for us over here, Matt went into work early to get some work done then he came home picked us all up and we headed to the Social security office. We got there right when they opened and there wasn't a parking spot to be had. So Matt dropped me at the door and drove around and around until he found a parking spot. I walked in maybe five minutes after they opened and it was PACKED already. Like at the good old DMV you get your number and wait to be called...an hour later it's finally my turn. So I found out that Ava was never assigned a social security number (way to go LGH *eye roll*)and it could take up to 8 weeks to get her a number...errr! The lady said hopefully only a couple of weeks, but to call back if it's not here in 4 weeks. I am so peeved at the hospital for dropping the ball on this, but at least it's done and we can file our taxes soon, worst comes to worst we file without Ava and then do an amendment (which it will then take forever to get the remaining money back).

So my life lesson for the day: The Social Security office is worse than the DMV

No comments:

Post a Comment