Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Whoo Hoo!

The Whoo Hoo! is because my skates are back! I won't be able to get out to pick them up until Friday, but at least they are done! I am so excited, I hope they are in better shape now and that it is going to help my skating, or I should say help me land my Axel! I haven't skated in a month in well a month this week and I am sooo ready to get back on the ice.

Logan had gymnastics today and for the first time I didn't have to walk him out to his class, he went out with this teacher and class, and only ran out to me once, and that was to go potty, so proud of him! He did so well on the bars today, jumping up grabbing and swinging, I so love watching him and he loves it

Sitting in the room with all the other moms (and dads) was funny today, they were all amazed with this group of girls (who were early team level I would say) doing. their conditioning, and i am thinking, gees they are getting off light today, we did so much more than that and it was at last 30 minutes, I have such a different perceptive than non gymnast people. When the coach came out and the "moms were all, "That is so much work, I wish I could do that, blah, blah." and the coach said "Ha, they are getting off easy today, only 20 minutes and not working them to hard." Yep that's what I thought. I also find myself tightening muscles while watching some of the girls, one in particular is doing the vault I use to do, she is still learning it and doing it into the pit and every time she blocks off the vault to go into the back flip I can feel myself doing it with her. Oh how I wish I still had my gymnast body and strength. Ava was watching the group of girls doing their conditioning and they were raising their arms up with weights and Ava was playing along, so cute. Ava tries to get out into that gym so hard, 9 more months and she will get to start class and I know she is just going to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment