Friday, July 16, 2010

My Skates Are Back!

I feel so much better now that they are back in my possession (when you spend $600+ on something you tend to feel that way). I put my right skate on because that is my bigger foot and the foot with the bunion (gross I know, but it's life as a figure skater) and it is definitely much tighter, which is good, that means the rebuild did what it was suppose too, but I will probably have to have the right boot, and maybe the left punched out again. They are really stiff again so I will have a little getting use to my boots time again, but it is so cool how they can make them stiff again. I should have taken a before picture but up by the ankle area there were HUGE creases and I was getting no support anymore (and I am someone who needs a lot of ankle support when skating). Now when you look at my skates you can see where the creases were but they are no longer bent in, very cool! I should be skating on Tuesday so hopefully they will feel as good as they look and $70 bucks sure beats paying for new boots! Now I debating whether to spray them beige or white. They have never been really white and when I compete I always have tights that fit over the boots and when I did compete in synchro with them I used white tape to make them look really white. That's my next skate project, but for now just glad to have them back and so ready to get back on the ice!

This was the worse boot, you can see where the creases were, but the boot no longer caves forward messing the with support of the boot (and you can see where I had my skate tape and where I didn't)



This one looks ever better this boot wasn't as bad as this is my spinning leg and the other is my landing leg so it gets a lot more action. You can also see some of the goo they must use to do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment