Saturday, April 17, 2010

What You Don't Want To See...

When you look out your kitchen window

That would be my Grandfather and my Father with the rope tied to the cherry tree and my 3 1/2 year old up in the ladder... (he was out of harms way once they got down to business)

My husband, Father and Grandfather decided to cut down our cherry tree, it hasn't been doing good the past couple of years and it got so tall that squirrels were climbing the branches and getting onto our roof and making a home in the eves, which was not fun last year to remove them, plus the cherry made an awful mess in the backyard and attract bees which is not so great with little ones afoot. And why is this picture scary? For starters my husband has never taken down a tree, add one the fact that my Dad is blind and throw in kicker of my Grandpa is 80 years old and back in the day took down a tree in his own yard and managed to rip his arm out of the socket, and blow out the power for half of Des Plaines...it's one of those special family stories. Luckily this tree wasn't by the power lines, but they did have to worry about our neighbors house. I am happy to say the tree came down with out major incident, in less you count my Grandfather telling my husband to be careful of our fence and then being so worried about it, he went and stood in the line of the branch coming down to try and keep it off the fence. Of course the branch came down hit him in the crotch area causing him to fall backwards into our fence and yep you guessed it knocking part of the fence out. Matt said he just has to screw something back in and it should be ok. Never a dull moment over here... Oh and next up is our old apple tree, it's coming down for similar reasons and so we have more sun on the pool in the summer, that tree is by power lines, this story could write it's self...

No comments:

Post a Comment