Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Hate High Chairs...

I spent the better half of today working on high chairs.

*First I spent at least an hour looking for the back and the pad for our space saver highchair. I bought it when Logan was almost two to replace our big highchair (which now resides at Grandma's house). I only used it as a high chair for maybe a month and then I broke it down to just the booster seat shortly after Logan's 2nd birthday. You would think I would have put those two pieces away in one of our big tubs of baby stuff, but no I didn't. After searching through all the tubs in the basement, I finally found the pad in a garbage bag on top stuffed in a box that never was unpacked from when we moved three years ago. Of course the plastic back to the chair wasn't in there with the pad, I found that also thrown in a box that was opened but never unpacked. I don't know how those items got where they were...
*Then I bring that and the main seat upstairs. Of course the seat and tray are totally gross from being in the basement for some time and add to that all the junk in the little crevasses that I didn't bother to clean when I put it away equaled a lot of time cleaning. *note to self, please clean high chairs thoroughly before putting away next time*
*Once the space saver seat is together and attached to the chair I moved on to the high chair. Did I mention I really hate cleaning high chairs? Got that thing all cleaned up and the cover in the washer. I made sure to get all the little crevasses clean and I was a good girl and put the cover and the basket that went under it away in the baby stuff tote where it belongs, hopefully I'll find it if I need it again.
*On the bright side, we know have much more room in the dinning room now that we have the leaf in the table and the space saver seat is plastic and much easier to clean, Ava likes her new chair and really likes it when we don't use the tray and let her pull right up to the table.


No comments:

Post a Comment