Saturday, June 19, 2010

What A Night...

We had a really bad storm rip through her yesterday afternoon and then another one later at night. It came on real fast all of a sudden I looked out the kitchen window and the huge pine tree in our backyard was doing a back bend. I lost my sun umbrella because I forgot to close it as I was getting the kids in from the pool yesterday...so annoyed I just got that one this year. Luckily my Grandma brought over some just off the stove sweet and sour pork soup so we didn't have to worry about cooking (of course they live about a mile away and had power the whole time). Since we had no lights we went out to do the last of our Father's Day shopping which took us to Menard's where I found an awesome chair (recliner) for a $149.00, JUST what we needed and I was about to order a much smaller chair from Target for $269.00 total score for me! Our lights finally came on at 1am, no power with small children is a big PINA, we really should get a generator one of these days...

We are now off to do the Father's Day rounds out in Dundee and then drop the kids at my Mom's and head downtown to finally celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary! We are going to go to Navy Pier and have dinner at the Signature Room on the 95th floor of the Hancock building, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment