Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Zoo Fun and Car Dreams...

We had a very fun day at the zoo with the kids and my mom, it was perfect weather and it wasn't too crowded, and Logan did great with using the potty while we were there, not that I thought it would be a problem but it was something new we haven't done since he was potty trained back in January, but he's a pro, so no problems there. We have a membership now to the zoo so I am sure we will be going a lot this summer. I think Logan is a good age to do the dolphin show, but they are redoing that area and it won't be open until the end of the month again, so I know once that is open we will check it out. It was Ava's second trip to the zoo, the first thought she was 2 months old and it was during Holiday Magic and she was all bundled up and covered up, so really this was the first time she got to see some animals and what not.







So we were all exhausted when we got home, we had dinner and then decided to go look at these two mini vans we saw on line and long, long story short we drove home in my new (to me, it's a 2006) Toyota Sienna XLE! We ended up trading in my Explorer, and while we probably should have sold it on our own, I am glad to just be done with it, I really hate car shopping, and it's even worse with two kids in tow, but the sales guy was actually very patient and accommodating while we tried to navigate buying this car with two crabby kids with us. I really wanted this particular van and it was in our price range and it was a year newer than most others in our price range and it was an XLE (all the bells and whistles) and it's still under warranty and only had one previous owner. Given all that we knew if we didn't go today we wouldn't be able to get down there (it was and hour from where we are, south of Chicago) until sometime next week and we were worried about losing it, so we just went with the kids. Other than Logan melting down when he realized we were not going to go home in mommy's old car, they were pretty good. we didn't get home until 11pm, but I got the car that I really wanted and now we can travel in comfort this summer and we now have a much safer ride for the kiddo's and that's the most important thing!
Here is my new ride!


I will have to read the manual on this puppy though, there are so many options and buttons on this car, the tried to go over them with me but again dealing with the kids I don't remember everything he told me LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment