Saturday, May 1, 2010

And Shes Down...

It was a long day, two shows in one day is always exhausting. My first show was ok, I two footed one of my jumps and my spin was not great (I was doing a camel and it was killing my back to arch) Matt said it looked fine but I know it wasn't a great skate. The second show my family was at, and of course the family joke about ice shows is that at my first one ever (7 years ago) I hit a divot at center ice and fell on my stomach out of a spiral and slid like super women (it was a bad fall knocked the wind out of me) so my Mom says don't do your superwomen impersonation tonight, to which I replied that I had not fallen in an ice show since that first one, seven years ago, so what happened tonight, yep that's right down I went, slipped right off my edge of my loop, nothing I could do to save it, it happens to the best. I wasn't too upset about it, because the rest of the skate was good (and my sister who was taking video panned away so you can almost not tell that I bit it in the video LOL) but of course my Mom had a good laugh about it. I watered down and did an easier spin because my back flippin hurts, it's right under my shoulder, left side, the side I pull into spins and jumps with it of course. Anyway one more show to go tomorrow, and it's official video day so hopefully it's the best skate for my group!

No comments:

Post a Comment