Wednesday, May 4, 2011

PASSED!!!

We had our state manual skill exam on Monday and I PASSED!!!!!

There was so much pressure to pass, cause well if you didn't then no point in coming back to class...so yea that was a little added stress.

I ended up picking card 1, which had the "easiest" less involved skills to be done so I was actually done within 15 minutes.

Now that I passed my state skill exam I can sit for the state competency exam in June!!! As long as I pass my class, which I think we would be next to impossible to do since I know I have A's in theory and lab and probably clinical as well. All we have left for class is our big cumulative final and then I have some small papers to write for the job training portion of the program which is a separate class and grade, but I have an A in that class as well so there should be no problems there!

We had career day yesterday and I talked to the two hospital systems I am interested in. The one unfortunately doesn't hire until you are on the state registry and that won't happen until end of June, the other one will hire before you are certified but they have nothing part time right now...blah.

I did talk to some other agencies but I have no desire to work home health or in a nursing home but it seems like most places want you certified first so I can't start really job hunting until after my state test in June.

We are in the home stretch now! I have my last clinical on Saturday and am actually going to miss our patients when we leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment