Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's A Long Shot...

But I applied to an OB tech position in L&D at an area hospital. It's my dream job, part-time nights and every other weekend...basically the perfect job as far as I am concerned. From the application it was apparent that they will hire before you have your certificate, you just need to be done with the training, which by next week I will be!

OB tech's are a little more advanced than a typical CNA, PCT, NCT. I would be trained to scrub in on c-sections so I would be doing a little of my Mom's job (Surgical Tech) as well. I would also be learning to deal with in-dwelling caths, and how do draw blood among other things that hospitals teach you, but are not part of state CNA training.

I have no experience other than clinical so I know it's a long shot but keep your fingers crossed anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment