Wednesday, May 18, 2011

BNAT Is Over!!!

I finished up class Friday and boy does it feel nice to be done!! I missed one question on the final giving me a 99.5% on it. After we took our finial's we had evaluations with our clinical instructors.
My grade break down was:

Theory/Attendance: 94%
Lab:98%
Clinical: 95%

So I am very proud to say that I earned an A in my BNAT program!!!
My clinical instructor had such great things to say to me and I feel so very lucky for this experience.

Of course it is not all fun in games yet, I still have to pass my state competency exam on June 16th which is also our graduation night from the program. I am giving myself a week off and then I am going to start doing practice tests to prepare, not to worried about it, but if I want to actually be a certified nurse assistant I kinda have to pass! I started looking for jobs, but most want your name and registry number from the states registry so I am kinda stuck until June 16th on the job stuff.

It was so nice not having to go to clinical last Saturday, but it was also pretty sad knowing our patients are back to their normal care, which not bad, is not as great as the care they get when students are on the floor :<)

In other news, I might be going back to Elmhurst this fall to take a Capstone class that would allow me to finish up the internship portion of my Master's degree and then actually have the degree in my hot little hands. I so don't want to, I am so done with that career path, but, with it official, if/when I ever decide to become an RN I can bridge to my Masters in nursing, but that's a big if LOL! So anyway we will see I guess.

Almost there...


No comments:

Post a Comment