Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chore Chart

First of all sorry my pictures have been so cruddy lately, my camera is on it's last legs, but I am ordering a new one and can't wait till it's in my hot little hands!

We recently decided that Logan needed to start helping out on a regular basis and start earning treats and whatnot instead of us just giving it to him.

I started my search for a chore chart, and found a lot of nice ones, but this one really caught my eye: http://www.mypreciouskid.com/chore-chart.html

I liked the idea of separating the time of days the chores needed to be done and I liked the variety of chores and the ability to add our own in as well. It also came with a ton of tokens which we use as payment and he turns in for special treats and rewards. We also take away tokens for bad behavior.

Logan really loves being able to take a chore off the hook and put it in his "I Did It Box" on the chart. At the end of the day we add up all the chores he did and he earns his tokens. There is no arguing over teeth brushing, pj time, etc anymore. We aren't telling him to do it anymore, the chore chart does. Usually all I have to say is check your chore chart and off he goes.

Anyway just wanted to pass along this cool find for anyone in the market for a chore chart, it's worked awesome for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment